Job Vacancy – Design Engineer
Weaving Machinery is a progressive agricultural machinery manufacturer and dealer, with over 35 years’ experience. Manufacturing and supplying seed drills and cultivation equipment throughout the UK and Europe. A small friendly, family run company with the team constantly growing and evolving. Due to continued growth and development in the no-till sector we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, passionate and reliable likeminded team member who will take pride in their work.
Hours: Full Time
The Design Engineer will be expected to work closely with the engineering team, focusing on new product design and continuous development, piece part and assembly drawings, documentation and legislation. Under the leadership of the Principle Engineer you will help to deliver ingenuitive and efficient design projects that will complement our expanding product portfolio.
Knowledge of the agricultural industry would be an advantage but not necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
• Assuming responsibility for the design and development of new products suitable for the no-till arable sector.
• In field trial, testing and demonstration of parts and products.
• Working closely with the manufacturing and production engineering departments to improve and streamline process’ and cost reduction initiatives.
• Prepare full manufacturing and assembly drawings and assist with setting up new products on MRP database.
• Create and develop new working relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Arrange and order part deliveries and call offs.
The Candidate Will:
• Have in depth knowledge of CAD software, ideally SolidWorks.
• Hold a HND or above in Agricultural, Mechanical or Design Engineering.
• Have excellent communication and IT skills, including Windows based software.
• Be confident and self-motivated with a willingness to learn and a “Can do” attitude.
• Have the ability to work independently with limited supervision to strict deadlines and with an exceptional attention to detail.
• Be willing to be flexible and adaptable to suit workloads and demands.
Closing date for applications 15th March 2019
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org